Most people are familiar with the usual Blackberry look – candy bar form with that easy to use QWERTY keyboard and familiar trackpad (or trackball). And it’s beautiful! But some people like a different look to their phones. Apparently there’s more than 100 million U.S. consumers who currently use a flip phone. Who knew??
But a new phone is being released which should thrill and satisfy these people.
Sprint and Research In Motion (RIM) announced the much-anticipated BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 smartphone. For the people who love a flip phone they can now have that with the fabulous Blackberry features. And it will be available exclusively from Sprint beginning Oct. 31 for $99.99, with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement on a Sprint Business Advantage Messaging and Data plan or Everything Plan with data, after a $100 mail-in rebate.
The BlackBerry Style comes with BlackBerry 6, and offers a full QWERTY keyboard, along with a wide range of advanced communications and multimedia capabilities. There are also two color options — smooth Steel Grey and a very sexy Royal Purple.
Sprint is also offering customers an opportunity to reserve the Steel Grey BlackBerry Style smartphone for purchase beginning Tuesday, Oct. 19, while supplies last. The Royal Purple BlackBerry Style smartphone will be available in November.
First Sprint Smartphone with BlackBerry 6
BlackBerry 6 features a redesigned interface that retains the familiar and trusted features that distinguish the BlackBerry brand, while delivering a fresh, approachable and engaging experience that’s powerful and easy to use. It includes expanded messaging capabilities with intuitive features to simplify the management of social networking and RSS feeds (Social Feeds) and provides integrated access to BBM, Facebook®, Twitter™, MySpace™ and various instant messaging applications that are preinstalled on the BlackBerry Style smartphone.
BlackBerry 6 also integrates a new and rich WebKit-based browser that renders HTML Web pages (as well as HTML email) quickly and beautifully for a great browsing experience. It features tabs for accessing multiple sites simultaneously, mouse-like navigation with the optical trackpad and a zoom feature that intelligently auto-wraps text in a column, while maintaining the placement of a page’s key elements for easy viewing and navigation.
Universal search allows users to search through email, messages, contacts, music, videos and more on the smartphone, as well as extend searches to the Internet or to discover applications on BlackBerry App World™. The BlackBerry Style also includes a preinstalled YouTube app and Podcasts app.
The new BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 smartphone offers the full power of BlackBerry in the familiar comfort of a flip. It’s style, made more powerful. This elegant smartphone makes messaging easy with a full QWERTY keyboard and real-time chats with BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger). The BlackBerry® 6-powered flip offers two large displays to quickly review your email, text and instant messages, and great features like a 5MP camera, touch-sensitive optical trackpad, GPS, Wi-Fi® and apps. With BlackBerry 6, users enjoy deep social feed integration and views to keep in the loop with friends and colleagues. It also provides an engaging multimedia experience and a visual, fluid design makes everything fun and easy. Plus, BlackBerry 6 offers tons of useful tools like universal search and fast, rich Web browsing with tabs to let you surf multiple Web pages.
- BlackBerry® service supports up to 10 business and personal email accounts, plus BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express support for corporate email installations
- 5MP camera for picture and video capture with flash, zoom and image stabilization
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- 512MB RAM; 8GB microSD Card included, with support for cards up to 32GB
- BlackBerry App World™ for the ultimate in personalization and utility
- Features built-in GPS for mapping your location, conducting local searches, receiving audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, and utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available
- Visual Voicemail, voice dialing and speakerphone for hands free calling
- Advanced media player for listening to music, viewing pictures and watching videos, with 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
- Bluetooth® 2.1 enabling hands-free, short-range wireless communication using a Bluetooth headset and wireless uploading/downloading to or from a computer; also, supports Bluetooth Stereo capabilities
- DataViz Documents To Go® suite preloaded, for editing Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint® files from anywhere
- View and update your calendar, schedule appointments, check your task list and more while on the go; also includes a calculator, alarm clock and memo pad
- Sprint Football Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
- Sprint TV® with an extensive selection of live and on-demand programming
- Operating System: BlackBerry® 6
- Form factor: Elegant, flip form factor with full QWERTY keyboard and trackpad navigation
- Networks: 800/1900 MHz CDMA EVDO Rev. A
- Dimensions: Open – 6.9 inches x 2.4 inches x 0.7 inches (175.5mm x 60mm x 18.5mm)
Closed – 3.8 inches x 2.4 inches x 0.7 inches (96mm x 60mm x 18.5mm)
- Weight: 4.6 ounces (131 grams)
- Display: Internal – 2.7 inch QVGA (360 x 400)
- External – 2 inch QVGA (240 x 320)
- Battery Specifications: Li-Ion Battery (1150 mAh)
- Talk Time: Up to 4.5 hours
Reservations begin Oct. 19 at www.sprint.com/bbstyle
Don’t be left out!