First Verizon Wireless Push To Talk Clamshell Handset with Full QWERTY Keypad Lets Customers Text In Rain or Shine
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and NEW YORK – Verizon Wireless and CASIO today announced that the water, dust and shock resistant CASIO® G’zOne Brigade™ is available today. The CASIO Brigade is the perfect device for business customers in industries such as construction, public safety and utilities who need devices that stand up to tough work conditions while still delivering high-performance mobile technology. This rugged device also sports a QWERTY keyboard; an HTML browser; and Document Viewer for reviewing Microsoft® Word® documents, Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets, Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations, and PDFs; plus Push to Talk capabilities that leverage Verizon Wireless’ 3G network for fast two-way communication.
Available colors: Matte Black with a unique crocodile texture exterior for enhanced grip
- Tough Technology Design – Horizontal clamshell with QWERTY keypad
- 3.2 megapixel camera with flash, video capture and LED light
- Clear Talk for superior sound quality
- Water, shock, dust, immersion, vibration, humidity, salt fog, altitude, high and low temperature storage, and solar radiation resistant conforming to MIL-STD-810F
- Field Force Manager capable – A resource management tool that provides businesses with the ability to locate and communicate with their mobile field workers
- Document Viewer – Makes reviewing Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and PDFs a breeze
- Dedicated message keys – Provide one-touch access to messaging
- Text to Speech – Allows customers to listen to their text messages, multimedia messages and e-mails
- Best Shot™ – Has six presets for a perfect photo finish and automatically changes the setup of the camera based on the background
- Auto Focus – Offers single point, nine point and multi point and face detection, perfect for group shots
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody – Choose from millions of songs to download over the air
- V CAST Video on Demand – Watch favorite television shows while on the go, including live college football, college basketball and NHL hockey games, local and national news and weather, and family programming
- VZ Navigator® capable – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
- microSD™ storage for high-quality photos and music
- Speakerphone with front-facing stereo speaker
Price and availability:
- The CASIO G’zOne Brigade is available today online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- To get the most out of the CASIO G’zOne Brigade, customers will need to purchase a data package beginning at $9.99 per month for 25 megabytes with Mobile Email, or add Push to Talk for $5 per month per line on top of a qualifying voice plan. Customers who activate Push to Talk service will also be eligible to receive a $30 discount on Push to Talk phones.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.