Sprint today announced plans to be the first carrier to offer the Sprint Power Vision(SM) Smart Device Treo? 700P by Palm – the latest PDA/Phone combo to deliver broadband-like download speeds of Sprint Mobile Broadband Services operating on the Sprint Power Vision Network
Read on for the rest of the “official release announcement”
Ideal for customers who want to extend their workplace and stay connected for personal needs, the Treo 700P builds upon the success of earlier models offering enhancements in several areas including broadband-like download speeds, an enhanced Blazer Web browser and an updated Palm OS (version 5.4.9). Sprint is enabling the Treo 700p with flexible connectivity options like phone-as-modem that takes advantage of the device’s capability to be used with a laptop to provide high-speed data access. Sprint is also expected to be the only wireless carrier to offer live TV capabilities – via Sprint TV – on the Treo 700P at launch.
“Sprint realizes that every business customer is also a consumer and uses mobility for productivity, social connections, entertainment and news,” said Danny Bowman, vice president of product marketing for Sprint. “The Treo 700P is ideal for customers who are looking for a device that provides a combination of power and elegance to satisfy the need for owning a stylish, cutting-edge device while still helping them to be more efficient and productive.”
The Treo 700P allows Sprint customers to do more in more places and provide a powerful productivity and entertainment experience. Features include:
* Support for Sprint Mobile Broadband Service on the nation’s largest mobile broadband network.
* Support for Sprint TV(SM) – Emmy-award winning service providing more than 50 channels of video and audio for TV on the go, including live TV with full motion video and vivid sound.
* Support for On Demand – retrieve personalized information for local news, sports, weather, movies and more.
* Support for Sprint PCS Picture Mail(SM), Messaging, Games, Ringers, Screensavers
* Email and Web capable
* Phone as modem capability
* Palm OS organizer
* Bluetooth(r) Wireless technology
* 1.3 megapixel digital camera with video capabilities
* Built-in MP3 player
* 128 MB Memory – (60 MB available for end user storage)
* Enhanced attachment capabilities – Documents to Go (version 8.0) including a new PDF viewer
* Voice memo application
“The new Sprint Treo 700p delivers on Palm’s commitment to provide business and mobile professionals with the tools they need to stay productive while on the road,” said John Hartnett, senior vice president worldwide sales and customer relations for Palm. “The Treo 700p provides a world-class email and Web experience and, combined with Sprint’s high-speed EV-DO network, gives businesses more reasons to extend their corporate information with a Treo mobile solution.”
For content, the Treo 700P has access to Sprint downloadable games, ringers, screensavers and other Palm OS productivity and entertainment applications applied directly on a customer’s Sprint bill. Additional content is available via the Sprint PCS Software Store provided by Handango?, an intelligent on-device catalog of applications and digital media, allowing users to find, download and buy software, games, ringtones, graphics and other applications simply and securely. The store can also be visited online at http://sprint.handango.com.
For complete details on the Treo700P, visit http://www.sprint.com/treo.
Written by Gary